Friday, October 2, 2009

Banana Bread

I had really, really ripe bananas this morning and decided to make banana bread. My mom's recipe is my favorite, but I adapted it a little today. I put two batter filled loaf pans in the oven to bake this morning before the babe woke up. Let me tell you, the smell banana bread baking in the oven first thing in the best!


4 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups mashed bananas (about 7 ripe bananas)
4 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Spray two loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl, set aside. Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl. I have a kitchenaid, so I just put the bananas in the bowl and mixed them with the flat paddle attachment until they were mashed. Stir in eggs, sugars, spices, butter and vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix well. If desired add walnuts and stir. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Enjoy!

Printable version of Banana Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers