Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Easy Parmesan Breadsticks


My aunt makes the most wonderful breadsticks. She was kind enough to share her recipe with my family, and my mom ended up making them a lot while I was growing up. She usually served them with soup, and that’s what I ended up making for dinner last night: soup and breadsticks. The soup was good, but the breadsticks were better.  With only four ingredients, these little gems are also really easy to make.

Parmesan Breadsticks
recipe from my aunt, Carolyn G.
printable version of this recipe

1 loaf Rhodes white bread dough, thawed
½ cup melted butter
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup grated Parmesan

Thaw bread dough according to package directions. Roll dough into a rectangular shape ½ inch thick. Cut 1 ½ inch wide breadsticks and place on a greased baking sheet. Spray plastic wrap with nonstick cooking spray and cover the breadsticks. Let them rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 375. Melt butter in a saucepan, remove from heat and add mayonnaise and Parmesan; mix well. Spoon mixture evenly over breadsticks. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until golden. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers