Thursday, January 28, 2010

No Bake Cookies


I'm still painting, and by my calculations I'll be painting for 11 more weeks.  Curses.  It's not like the house is 12 million square feet, it's just that painting and toddlerhood don't coincide nicely.  It takes a lot longer to get things done.  I'm complaining.  I'm sorry.  I love my little girl.  I love that my dear husband has agreed to let me paint.  And blessedly, in May the painting will be finished.

I'm still cooking, and although last night's dinner was a huge failure dessert was not.  These cookies were one of my childhood favorites and welcome morsels of sweet cookie bliss after dinner's failure.  The enchilada recipe is now in the garbage will furthermore remain unmentioned.

No Bake Cookies
½ cup butter
2 cups sugar
½ cup milk
¼ cup cocoa
½ cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal

Position a sheet of waxed paper in a baking sheet; set aside.

Put butter, sugar, milk and cocoa in a large sauce pan; cook and stir over medium heat. Allow mixture to come to boil, continue cooking for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix until peanut butter is blended. Stir in oatmeal. Drop by heaping spoonfuls into waxed paper. Refrigerate until firm.

2 comments:

  1. lol...remember those bean enchilladas we were eating the night you guys came over for Taboo? I just threw the entire batch away yesterday. I knew they weren't great, but still I leave them in the fridge like one of us is going to eat them because it kills me to waste.
    Oh, and I have never made these, although I also had them a lot as a child. I guess I should give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really not fun to throw food away. It means hard earned cash is going straight to the landfill. It also means I'm throwing food away that Someone could have been glad to eat, on the other hand, maybe Someone would rather have an empty belly rather than eating my horrible enchiladas. They really were a disaster.

    ReplyDelete

Followers