Monday, April 26, 2010

Baked Oatmeal



My sister told me about a delicious way to serve oatmeal a few months back and I've made it at least once a week since.  While the recipe below is not the same my sister first told me about, it is similar and I'm convinced now that I cannot go back to the traditional stove top method of preparing oatmeal; something magic happens when it's baked.  My daughter and I loved this.  Regrettably, my husband did not, but he's not a huge fan of oatmeal.  I found the recipe on allrecipes.  Enjoy!

Baked Oatmeal
printable version of this recipe

3 cups oatmeal
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
½ cup melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ cup dried cranberries

Coat a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, egger, melted butter and vanilla extract. Add dried cranberries and stir. Spread mixture into baking dish and bake for 40 minutes. Serve with milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers