Monday, June 21, 2010

Mushroom Patties



I know the picture isn't all that great, but trust me. This little mushroom patty is delicious alone without a bun. I've been trying to make more economical meals and have returned to one of my favorite cookbooks, “Managing Your Meals,” by Winnifred Jardine. I adapted the recipe slightly and my family of three loved them.


Mushroom Patties
Adapted from Winnifred Jardine’s “Managing Your Meals”
printable version of this recipe

1 pound cremini mushrooms
2 cups soft French bread crumbs (do not use dry crumbs)
½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
4 eggs, slightly beaten
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup olive oil

Wash mushrooms and allow them to dry 5-10 minutes before chopping. Chop mushrooms to make about 4 cups. Combine mushrooms with bread crumbs, almonds, onion, parsley, eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Shape mixture into patties about 4 inches in diameter, set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet; add patties and fry over medium low heat until golden and set, 5-8 minutes on each side.

I served them with steamed broccoli topped with grated cheddar cheese and brown sugar dipped strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers