Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tasty Broccoli


I’ve been South Beach dieting and just about every day I think, “I should post something,” but either the food is too terrible (some of it really is), or I’m afraid I’ll meander over to cookie pie, which will just tempt me to bake up some sweet, floury goodness, which, regrettably, is prohibited. Instead, I’ve been making foods like South Beach “Surprise Mashed Potatoes,” which aren’t mashed potatoes at all. Surprise! They’re steamed and mashed cauliflower flowerets. When I offered my two year old a taste she started crying and promptly threw up.

I steamed broccoli and seasoned it with a dot of Smart Balance butter and some soy sauce, and it actually was quite tasty. If you’re looking for a quick, tasty vegetable to serve along with dinner one night I recommend it (and not mashed cauliflower). There was no throw up at the dinner table the night I served it.

Tasty Broccoli
recipe from Jardine Winnefred’s “Managing Your Meals”
printable version of this recipe

2 bunches broccoli, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
1 tablespoon butter
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
Pepper to taste

Steam broccoli until tender but still firm. Add butter, soy sauce and pepper to taste; stir until butter is melted. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers