Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies


Well, I have a new favorite cookie.  I know it's Christmas and I should be making some festive holiday treats, but I couldn't resist making these little gems yesterday.  They are so soft and tender.  And delicious.  I've made them several times now and have never been disappointed.

And here's my disclaimer: this cookie recipe is not my own.  That's right, it's from a cooking blog my sister introduced me to over the summer when she made some incredibly delicious peanut butter cookies to share while we were on vacation.   It's from one of my new favorite cooking blogs, My Kitchen Cafe.  I love, love, love this blog and made a link to it on the right side bar.  Find these cookies, Christmas baking ideas and much more on My Kitchen Cafe

Peanut Butter Cookies
recipe from My Kitchen Cafe

Printable version of Peanut Butter Cookies

1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar (¾ cup for cookie dough, ¼ cup for rolling)
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup peanut butter chips
½ cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In another mixing bowl, combine the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the sugars and mix well. Add the egg and mix well. Add milk and vanilla extract and mix. Add the peanut butter and chocolate chips and mix. Put ¼ cup sugar on a plate. Roll dough into rounded teaspoon-sized balls. Roll balls in sugar, place on an ungreased baking sheet and either make a crisscross design with a fork on top, or flatten slightly with the back of a spatula.  Bake for 10-12 minutes, making sure not to over bake. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers