Monday, December 14, 2009

Pomegranate Syrup for Pancakes or Waffles



Sorry about my hand in the photo. My husband, who took the picture, kept telling me, “move your hand!” Apparently I didn’t listen. Well, the pomegranate syrup was entirely his idea, and it turned out to be a good one. I love raspberry and strawberry syrups on pancakes but have never tried making my own fruity syrup, with the exception of apple cider syrup. This recipe was basically apple cider syrup made with POM Wonderful It was easy and so good.

Pomegranate Syrup
Printable version of this recipe

1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups POM Wonderful
¼ cup butter
½ teaspoon vanilla

Combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a saucepan. Stir in POM Wonderful and cook, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Once syrup is thick, remove it from the stovetop, and add the butter and vanilla. Stir until butter is melted. Serve with pancakes or waffles. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your yummy recipe! I blogged about it on Fantastic Find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a terrific blog there. I'm glad you enjoyed the syrup recipe. I love your idea for heart shaped pancakes with this syrup. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers